National Service Scheme (NSS)
National Service Scheme (NSS)
National Service Scheme is a Central Sector Program run by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports of the Government of India. High school students on a wide scale, as well as students at technical institutions, graduate and postgraduate levels in India's colleges and universities, are invited to participate in a variety of government-led community service activities and programmes. The sole purpose of NSS is to give young students practical practice of performing community service..
Every citizen of our nation must have experience and knowledge of the society in which they exist. One should be able to contribute for the betterment of the country and its future given the rapid growth in our populace. The National Service Scheme's motto is NOT ME BUT YOU. Since the National Service Scheme's founding in 1969, enrollment has grown from 40,000 to more than 3.8 million as of the end of March 2018.
The NSS Cell at Trinity Institute of Professional Studies, Dwarka, which consists of four units (More than 400 volunteers), is doing excellent work. Over the past few years, the TIPS, Dwarka NSS Cell has expanded significantly. The NSS Unit of TIPS has been very successful thanks to the hard work of its incredible team and the insightful ideas that have emerged from their brainstorming.
NSS TIPS regulates projects like SEHYOG, SAHITYA, PRATIBIMB, etc. to make the best use of the resources at hand for the improvement of our surroundings. One of the key contributors to success is the management of NSS TIPS. The hierarchy always maintains a certain level of uniformity, ensuring the consistency and caliber of the events conducted under the cell. The NSS Cell at TIPS, Dwarka organizes rallies, social consciousness events, social service drives, blood donation and health check-up camps, and other similar activities on a regular basis.
The following initiatives have been launched by TIPS' NSS Cell most recently:
- With the help of donations, Project SEHYOG attempts to give the needy the resources they require.
- Project PRASAAR was established to raise people's awareness of the social problems that are plaguing our society and how to solve them.
- Project PARIVARTAN pioneers the notion of educating everyone and anyone, enlisting volunteers to give underprivileged children the best education imaginable.
- The country's streets, roadways, and infrastructure are about to be cleaned as part of Project PRATIBIMB-SWACHH BHARAT, which will also reveal the histories buried in Delhi's architectural and natural wonders. Every individual has a unique perspective, which they use to express their ideas.
- Project SAHITYA is an initiative that explores the strength of language and literature, as well as the freedom to express oneself when given the proper tools.
- Project PARWAAZ focuses on the problems women encounter on a regular basis, whether they are social or personal issues. It embraces and honours every aspect of what it means to be a woman.
- Considering how COVID-19 had a significant effect on both people's physical and mental health, Project Wabi-Sabi is a project that discusses mental health awareness in today's world.
- Project AAGAH is based on the idea of Vox-Pop, in which members of the public share their individual viewpoints on a specific social issue.
- Through Project Sanrakshan we try to create a safer environment for strays and become the voice of voiceless beings.